- I'm not actually a full week in, so suck it.
- I'm about 5 days in.
- 5 days in and yesterday the morning hunger stopped bothering me. My stomach would growl, but I'd have a diet coke or whatever and I'd be fine.
- I actually have enjoyed not eating in the morning. Something I thought I'd never say until about two weeks ago.
- I'm already leaner. This is not in my head as my wife ran her hands across my stomach this morning, said "mmmmmmmmm" then attacked me. This was pleasant.
- I get hungry, but I have noticed it doesn't bother me like it used to when I was eating more often.
- My weight has climbed a few pounds actually, as I was 248 last night.
- However my pants are much much looser around the waist.
- So those two things together are strange.
- I get full and keep trying to eat. This was awful the first few days. I would be full for a long time. Now I eat and get full, eat some more.......and in a few hours I feel fine. I read many places this would happen. It's pretty cool how fast the body adapts to these things.
- I do feel lethargic in the evenings however. Not like exhausted, but, and this is coming from a lifetime insomniac.......I have been falling asleep really easy the last couple of nights. This has been awesome.
- Mentally I love the fact that I know, nothing is really off limits. It's fucking strange, once you do this, you actually stop craving anything. You can have it, but you're like "meh, gimme more steak." I have a bad sweet tooth, so I thought I'd be destroying whole bakeries on post workout feasts, but it hasn't happened.
- I totally plan on doing that however. I will eat a whole fucking lemon cake or 22 cookies if I want. It'll happen.
- I have, in the meantime, found an awesome addition to the PWO meal, and that's a pack of Met-RX in chocolate pudding with whip cream on top. It's not junk, ok so the whip cream is, but I get an extra 40 grams of protein in addition to the meal without much "junk".
- I have been slightly irritable this week, and have felt "off" a little. I can tell. My stomach has just felt weird at times. Not bad, just weird.
- And I have had extra gas. Farts that would kill a fucking silver back on meth. This has also been pleasant. Especially at night. Where the wife can smell it. She LOVES it. All of this is totally true. I know you believe me. Especially about the wife loving it.
- I know it's early but I could see myself being on this diet for a while. But it is early, I could hate it in 3-17 days. Who knows. So far, it's been a winner for me.
- Just for your edification here is how my eating looks on non training days and training days. Let me make note that I train once during the week, and on Saturday and Sundays.
- I'm not getting crazy about macros and all of that shit. Generally with a big diet change I just worry about getting the pieces in place in terms of schedules and meals/food, then adjust from there. So I don't care if the macros are right on right now, I'm just trying to get ball park.
Weekly Eating -
Non-Training day -
11:00-11:30 a.m. - meat and veggies - usually about 3-4 servings of protein and a ton of veggies
2-3 p.m. - Protein shake and 3-4 tablespoons of peanut butter or some almonds
7 p.m. - something similar to the 11 a.m. meal
Weekly Training Day - (training is at night)
11:00 - footlong roasted chicken sub from Subway on flatbread with lettuce, pickles, oilves, tomatoes, and ranch. A cookie or two.
3 p.m. - Smoothie. 40 ounces of the almond mocha.
5 p.m. - BCAA 10 grams
Train from 5:30 until 6:30
PWO meal - usually 4 servings of protein, huge amounts of carbs and veggies, then the protein pudding. This can be something like 3-4 chicken breasts, a whole full plate of rice and broccoli. Or it could be 15 ounces of steak with a couple of loaded baked potatoes and veggies. Either way, I eat GOOD food and as much of it as I can in that sitting.
Weekend Training -
If I have a big party planned for Saturday night (I do this often) then it looks like the weekly training day routine. If not............
12:00 - BCAA and then train
1:30 or so - PWO meal
4:30 - light meal
7:45 or so - light meal
Saturday and Sunday look like this so that way I can stuff face from whatever Tiff cooks for lunch. She's Italian so the Sunday big meal was already a big staple. Now it just fits right in with a purpose.
That's the first 5 days. I will make a post with adjustments or just how it goes.